Our nurses are able to give advice regarding stopping smoking.
They can prescribe nicotine replacement therapies to all smokers (normal subsidised prescription charge applies) and discuss the other therapies that are available.
These consultations are free:
- If you are Maori, a Pacific Islander or Asian.
- If you are pregnant/breastfeeding or in the same household/whanau of a pregnant or breastfeeding woman.
- If you are the parent of a child with a chronic respiratory disease eg asthma, cystic fibrosis.
- If you are going to have an operation.
- If you are diabetic, have a lung disease or a heart problem.
- If you are under the care of mental health or addiction services.
Please ring and make an appointment or ask to speak to a nurse for more information.