what do we offer, how does it work?
What do we offer?
As travel medicine is not only a matter of "getting your jabs", we offer an up-to-date comprehensive travel advice and vaccination service.
- all necessary travel vaccinations, including yellow fever
- advice on the prevention of insect bites and insect-related diseases such as malaria and dengue
- malaria prophylaxis and discussion of current high risk areas
- do's and don'ts regarding food and water safety
- advice on how to help prevent travel diarrhoea and medication to treat this if necessary
- measures to prevent mountain sickness/altitude sickness, both pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical
- discussion of rabies risk, measures to prevent dog and monkey bites, and rabies pre-exposure prophylaxis
- after-travel health check, and management of any health problems arising from your travel
How does it work?
- You will start with an appointment with one of our travel doctors. For countries in Asia and the Pacific, 15' will usually be sufficient.
- For South America and Africa, where there is possibly a need for yellow fever vaccination, 30' is usually needed.
- Once your vaccination schedule has been agreed on, you can book an appointment with the nurse who will give you your vaccinations. This will require 15-30', depending on the number and type of vaccinations.
- We hold most common vaccinations in stock, but be aware that some will need to be specially ordered for you and paid for in advance.